KS1 Medium Term Plan Summer 2 2018 Teachers: Miss Bingwa, Mrs Tindall, Mrs Toulson, Mrs Turnbull
Amazing Places And Spaces
We will locate the major cities of the United Kingdom, including London, Birmingham, Manchester, Nottingham, Sheffield, Newcastle, Bristol, Cardiff, Belfast, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
We will find some of the great sculptures, monuments and buildings of the United Kingdom.
We will learn about the national days of each country: St Georges day in England, St Andrews day in Scotland, St David’s day in wales and St Patricks day in Ireland.
We will study the location of our school and pick out the most interesting features and study some of the wildlife that we see throughout the seasons.
As Artists We Will . . .
• Draw and paint images of the places we study.
• Creature sculptures inspired by our research around the British Kingdom.
As Writers, We Will . . .
• Learn some classic poems from the United Kingdom and write some new ones of our own.
• Write stories
• Create reports.
As Mathematicians, We Will . . .
• Interpret and construct simple pictograms, tally charts, block diagrams and tables.
• Ask and answer simple questions by counting objects in each category and sorting the categories by quantity.
• Ask and answer questions about totalling and comparing data.
• Recognise and use the inverse relationship between addition and subtraction and use this to check calculations and solve missing number problems.
• Solve problems with addition and subtraction using concrete objects and pictorial representations including those involving numbers, quantities and measures; applying their increasing knowledge of mental and written methods.
• Estimate the answer to a calculation and use inverse operations to check answers.
We will look at sacred spaces and places.
As Scientists we will . . .
• Observe seasonal changes.
• Study the habitats of British wildlife.
• Study the main feature of plants and trees
• Examine food chains in the British countryside
Our theme for PSHE this term is "changes." Children will be focusing on the positive impact to change.