Sensory and physical needs
Below are a range of different ideas that can help support pupils with sensory and physical difficulties.
- Offer routines and structure
- Create a quiet space for them to learn with no distractions.
- Give them something to fiddle with whilst you are talking to them or you want them to focus. It can also be helpful to let them move around whilst they listen.
- Ask them to do one task at a time
- Provide checklists or visual timetables to support organisation.
- Use timers to help with time management and build in frequent movement breaks.
- Play lots of games with your child to encourage social skills, such as taking turns and winning and losing.
- Provide physical activities to get your child moving
- Help your children develop their fine and gross motor skills and core stability